With COVID-19 restrictions easing in many parts of Canada, trapshooters are getting back on the trapfields. Clubs are reporting that they are operating under a set of COVID-19 rules and are asking all shooters to please follow the posted rules.
Stay safe and stay healthy everyone.
The government’s recent attack on licensed law abiding firearm owners, through the gun ban delivered through an Order in Council, cannot be tolerated. These are the important things you can do, besides contacting your MP, the PMO’s office and MP Bill Blair, who presented this ban to Canada. Sign the petitions at restoredemocracy.ca and that against the Order in Council.
The CCFR, NFA and CSSA have joined together to challenge the government’s OIC in court. Consider becoming a member of these organizations, and donating above and beyond that if you can to support the legal action.
Stand together with all firearm owners and JOIN THE FIGHT!
The CTA would like to thank all sponsors that supported the Canada Cap Challenge for the 2020 Canadian Trapshooting Championships. This Provincial 5 Man Team Purse would have had a guaranteed $5500 cash prize payout to the winning team. Click on this link for complete Canada Cap Challenge Rules.
2020 Canada Cap Challenge Sponsors
- Perazzi Alberta and Brad Johnson
- Perazzi Canada and Andy Johnston
- Devine Trap Club
- High Prairie A&W
- Edson Fish and Game - The Longest Mile
Please extend your thanks to these sponsors for supporting our shoot and shooters.
Message from CTA President Dwight Smith
April 4, 2020
Every year, we look forward to connecting with all of our Canadian shooting friends at the CTA shoot. But due to the devastating effects of COVID-19, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the event for the year 2020. As a dedicated shooter and as President, I understand that this is a difficult situation for everyone including the Edmonton Gun Club but the CTA is committed to ensuring every possible effort is made for the health and safety of our shooters, and all stakeholders of the event.
The Federal, Provincial and local health governing bodies have stated that all non-essential travel is not advised across most of our borders within Canada until June 30th and may very well be extended further as the virus’s effects are monitored. The group size has now dwindled to as few as 2 in some places for obvious reasons. Business is not as usual anywhere in Canada. Need I say more!
If anyone has any concerns, questions or just wants to talk please, by all means, contact me.
See you all in Edmonton next year.
Dwight A Smith
The Canadian Trapshooting Association is encouraging all clubs and shooters to take necessary precautions to deal with the coronavirus and COVID-19 pandemic. Our best advice is to stay informed and listen to public health authorities. The safety and health of our family and friends should be our top priority.
Gun Clubs across Canada and the US are taking the public health warnings seriously and are making the necessary decisions to help control the spread of COVID-19. The CTA is monitoring the situation and will provide updates when appropriate.
The Amateur Trapshooting Association is providing regular updates on www.shootata.com.
For the latest Amateur Trapshooting Association news, statements and list of cancelled shoots you can also visit:
The CTA Shooter Corner has been updated with important information for all ATA shooters. Here you'll find the latest ATA rulebook and rules changes, dates for all the major ATA Satellite Grands, Zone Shoots and all State / Provincial Shoots and a bunch more.
What's new on shootcanada.ca.
- The CTA logo. Same design but with a refreshed look.
- The Main page displays up to 4 LATEST NEWS items. These are brief introductions to full articles that you can access by clicking on the Read More button.
- We have added a NEWS section that is accessed by clicking on the View all our news button on the bottom of the main page. This section will be used to keep CTA shooters up to date on all CTA and ATA matters i.e. new rule book, shooter announcements, accomplishments etc.
- The ABOUT US section tells visitors Who we Are, lists the CTA Provinces and Board of directors.
- The CLUBHOUSE section is new and we'll be using the Club Corner and Shooter Corner to highlight a CTA club and shooter from time to time. The Shoot Calendar lists all provincial shoots dates and info.
- Under CHAMPIONSHIPS we have Shoot Info and Results. The Shoot Info section lists information on this year's shoot while the Results section will display the latest results. Previous shoot results will be accessible by using the drop down box and selecting a year to view.
- The RECORDS menu is where you'll find all of past Champions, Host Cities and Mackintosh Trophy Results. This info is now stored in a database and is easily updated. We're working on getting the Category info for the Handicap, Doubles, HOA and HAA. Unfortunately, that information is in various sources and we're working to piece it all together.
- CONTACT. This will take site visitors to a form that sends us an email.
- SEARCH. You can use the magnifying glass icon to search the CTA site for something of interest to you.
- You'll also find a link to our Facebook page on the bottom of the page.
- Clicking on the smaller CTA logo on the top right will take you back to the main page. So will clicking on the small house / home symbol.
Please note. The 2020 Canadian Trapshooting Championships have been cancelled.
Join us at the Edmonton Gun Club for the 2021 Canadian Trapshooting Championships.
Buy & Sell Section
If you would like to list an item for sale or a wanted to buy notice, send us the following details.
Seller / Buyer's Name
Seller / Buyer's Contact Email
Seller / Buyer's Phone Number
Please note. The CTA does not make any attempt to verify items listed nor do we take any responsibility for transactions between individuals. This Buy / Sell section is to be used at your own risk.
Items for Sale
Congratulations to Alberta's Art Peyton and Ontario's Keith Saunders for registering over 20 000 targets in the 2019 ATA target year.
Here's the complete list of 20K Mega Target Members for 2019.
We've expanded our Records to include the Category Champions for Doubles, Handicap, High Over All and High All Around events. Previoulsy, we have only listed the Singles Categories.
Unfortunately, we're missing information for all years prior to 2013.. Can you help us fill in the missing information? If you're interested, contact us.